Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Problem, IRQL..

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 P. S.

P. S.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:41 PM

I downloaded Service Pack 2 recently, so I can use Google Chrome.

However, ever since then, I've been getting pretty frequent blue screen of death messages that say "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and have these hex codes:

0x0000000A (0xDF5EC44, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804DC65B)

My computer is relatively old and has an Athlon XP 1600+

I also often get this error: "NTDLL.RtGetLastWin32Error could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNAL32.dll"

If someone could help me fix that, that would be great.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 P. S.

P. S.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:34 PM

I still have not been able to resolve this issue.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,239 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:00 PM

Doesn't seem to be a lot of info available.

Worth a look: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000960.htm AND http://pcsupport.about.com/b/2008/01/24/nt...00221-error.htm

Louis

#4 tcgtechnician

tcgtechnician

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:29 PM

First, and this is just a possible quick fix, may work or it might not, restart the computer and as it boots keep pressing the F8 key, this will give you the advanced boot options for your pc. Choose the Last Known Good Configuration choice, if this fixes it, then your system had a service running or possibly a driver that it did not like to be short and to the point. Also, to learn a bit more about this problem, go here. If this does not fix the issue, please post back and i will attempt to give you further guidance.

Edited by tcgtechnician, 10 February 2009 - 11:31 PM.

#5 P. S.

P. S.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:42 PM

That seemed to work for awhile, but then I got the same message I got before. But, when I restarted, it gave me once again this error: "NTDLL.RtGetLastWin32Error could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNAL32.dll".

#6 P. S.

P. S.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:25 PM

Ok, now I got a fatal error (I forgot to write the hex code down), but this problem is seemingly getting more serious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users