Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recovery partition on Gateway laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cybermel

Cybermel

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:46 PM

I am trying to reload the OS on a Gateway m-series laptop. Apparently, when the OS has been loaded from the recovery partition, this removes the option during start up to access the partition again. Is there a work-around to load the recovery partition? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:21 PM

For details on something like that...I would try the Gateway site.

Not only should they have the system specs and features...but they should also have the manual.

Somewhere, between the manual and Gateway policies re recovery, etc. which are reflected at the site, should be your answers.

Louis

#3 Cybermel

Cybermel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:26 PM

Thank you for replying to my post - belive me I have been looking and looking on the Gateway site for this info. They want people in this situation to buy the disks after installing the OS from the partition once. I think I should be able to use the hidden partition as many times as I like. From what I understand, the menu to access the recovery partition is only on the originally installed OS, but that the image on the partition does not contain these options in the boot configuration. So I am hoping that someone out there has figured out a work-around. Thanks to all who use their brain power on this puzzle :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users