Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battlefield 2142 Lags etc. Please Help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ReFleX

ReFleX

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:50 PM

Hi.

I've got a problem with my BF2142.
After 5-10 minutes of online gameplay i get lags and it gets even worse when I play longer...

Examples of lags i get are:
- Sometimes I can't jump etc.
- It's very hard to shoot someone, because even though I aim at someone i still miss.
- When I walk or especially run everything including my soldier isn't moving properly. It's all jumpy etc.
- Sometimes the screen just moves itself (without touching the mouse)

My PC:

- ATI Radeon HD4870X2 2GB Gigabyte (It's really hot - 80-95 degrees Celsius)
- ASUS Maximus Formula X38
- 4GB RAM
- Hitachi DeskStar P7K500 500 GB
- Power Supply 850W
- Internet Speed - 10MB
- Modem - SurfBoard SB4100 Cable Modem

I play on low settings and quite low resolution so everything should be OK.
But i still get those annoying lags after 5-10 minutes of online gameplay.

If I turn my PC off or reset my modem and switch the game back on again it's OK but only for 5-10 minutes.

I've been trying to fix this problems for weeks now and I hope that you guys can help me.
Is it my PC or my modem or maybe something else that causes these lags?

If u know how to fix this problem then please wb.

Btw I have the newest patch, all the drivers and everything.
I've also cleaned my Hard Drive and defragmented it and I have about 350GB of free space left.

Is it possible that the game doesn't work well because it's not compatible with for example my Graphics Card? Or maybe some other component?

Best Regards,
ReFleX

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:01 PM

The way you described it, it sounds like it's more of an internet connection issue. What happens if you play the game offline?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 ReFleX

ReFleX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:14 AM

When I play the game offline everything is fine. No lags at all.

So if it's my internet connection that causes these lags, can I fix it?

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:03 AM

First off, unplug your router and your modem for a few seconds. Also, if this is a problem that just started happening, maybe it's your ISP at fault. Recently, my internet kept cutting out and I thought it may be my router or modem. After trying some things I contacted Time Warner Cable, and they told me that they were having problems in my area and it will be fixed soon. It eventually was fixed.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#5 ReFleX

ReFleX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:04 PM

I have unplugged my modem and router and it helped but only for 10 minutes and then it started to lag again..
And I've had this problem since i started playing bf2142 and i only get in in bf2142 so maybe my modem isnt good for bf2142.. i dont know..

do you think that the lags will stop if i get a new modem ??

#6 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:03 PM

Are you having problems with other games or any other time while using the internet? I don't know if a new modem would help, but if you wanted to, you could call your ISP, and they might be able to give you a newer one.

#7 ReFleX

ReFleX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:53 AM

I'm not having any problems with CoD4 and CoD5 at any time.. I'm only having problems with bf2142 ;/
i think ill get a new modem or call my isp i hope it'll help.

thanks for your help,
best regards,
ReFleX

#8 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:43 PM

Well, if it's only happening in one game, you may just have some router ports blocked. Also, have you downloaded and installed the latest patches for the game?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users