Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ntldr missing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 maeday6969

maeday6969

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:03 PM

I have been trying all of your suggestions found under boot fixes.I get the ntldr missing message so I boot with an xp home cd.the recovery console comes on and only a c:prompt comes up.Both boot fix and fixmbr said new mbr written.chkdsk runs and says errorsI fixed.Cfg boot rebuild will not run it says I have to run chkdsk.I also tried to copy the ntldr and ntdetect it said acsess denied.I am so frustrated I just need to know is it all gone and I should just reformat?Under Dir it shows the 3 directories but has a 0 in front of them and 7 files.I really don't know what I am doing can ya help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blue Coconut

Blue Coconut

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:26 PM

first question, and just a simple one then we can move on, have you tried safe mode? if you can get into safe mode prompt then try last known good config.

ntldr sometimes can be fooled.

also u said you ran chkdisk, from where? the disk, command prompt where.

At this point please only try one thing at a time.

thanks
Ever tried landing a city block? Its a rush one cannot describe.

#3 Karthiktkv

Karthiktkv

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:05 AM

do you have any important data to backup? if so reply back to me @ *removed by moderator* also mention whether you have any alternate computer. so that i can give you the screen shot and i can try to backup your data.

Edited by rigel, 30 January 2009 - 11:01 AM.
Moderator Edit ~ rigel

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:00 AM

Asking a user to reply back in e-mail form defeats the purpose of an open forum. E-mail responses also prevent BleepingComputer staff from verifying the safety, validity and ease of use for steps given. Please post instructions in-line with maeday6969 topic so we can all benefit from your solution.

Thanks!

rigel
BleepingComputer Forums Moderator

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#5 maeday6969

maeday6969
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:26 PM

i WAS NOT ASKING ANYONE TO REPLY BY EMAIL.i AM ASKING ANYONE WHO CAN HELP.MAYBE i AM NOT USING THIS CORRECTLY LIKKE I SAID I AM NEW TO IT ALL.IN ANY EVENT IS THERE SOMEONRE WHO CAN ANSWER MY QUESTION?I CANT GET INTO SAFE MODE THE ONLY THING THAT COMES UP IS NTLDR MISSING.THANKS

#6 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:49 PM

I apologize maeday6969.

There was a post made earlier above mine that asked you to send information via email. When the moderator removed that post, they left mine behind.

You can attempt a repair install. Take a look here: Perform a Repair Installation

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#7 Karthiktkv

Karthiktkv

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 31 January 2009 - 04:09 AM

You have to change the boot sequence to boot from CD and using the cd you have to boot your computer and start with the installation.

Edited by usasma, 31 January 2009 - 01:27 PM.
Removed ad for website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users