Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

popups

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kenara

kenara

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 13 August 2004 - 10:02 PM

O_o i keep getting popups even when im not on my Internet Explorer and even when im not running any programs on my comp ive tried running ad aware and spybot s&d but popups keep popping up :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 August 2004 - 10:08 PM

first lets see if this works! In my signature click Hijack this and other Programs.. On that site you will see shoot the messenger. Download it and run it! Also in my sig download spysweeper update defintiions and run it delete everything it finds! Post back!

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2004 - 10:58 PM

What OS?
If XP, have you disabled Messenger Service (this isn't MSN Messenger)?

To Turn Off Messenger In XP Home:

Click "START"

Click "Control Panel"

Click "Performance and Maintenance"

Click "Administrative Tools"

Double-click "Services"

Scroll to "Messenger service", and double-click it.

Select STOP service

In the Startup drop down box, select "Disabled".

Also do this for:

Alerter, SSDP Discovery service, Telnet, and Universal Plug & Play (not Plug & Play)

Now "OK" your way out.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users