Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just built comp black screen and error 8302 VNRAM

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andru

andru

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:26 AM

G'day guys just built my pc and have had a fair few problems First of all i turned the comp on with the old IDE hard drive in place all was well and it got to the loading screen and then restarted.
I have played around with alot of things trying to fix this (inside connections and bios HDD master slave..etc) and i'v had diffrent things happen as in screens and such. Before the next step i did change my IDE hard drive to my new Sata WD 500gig and tried diffrent slave masters n such with bowth. Eventully just leaving the new 500gig in and the old IDE unconnected. Right now i'm stuck at: computer Boots to black screen and beeps. Then nothing happens at all but if i hit F1 it restarts beeps and then it flashes quickly with the green mobo screen M3A78 PRo (Hit DEL to enter Bios TAB to enter setup...etc) after that it goes to another screen saying American Megatrends with the logo and:
Press Del to run setup
Press F8 for BBS POPUP
Press ALT+F2 to execute ASUS EZ FLASH 2
Initializing USB controllers..Done
896MB OK (INstalled Memory Size:1024MB)

Auto Detecting SATA1..IDE HArd Disk
SATA1 Hard Disk:WDC WD5000AAKS-00A7B2 01.03B01
Ultra DMA Mode-6, S.M.A.R.T Capable and Status OK
Auto-detecting USB Mass Storage Devices..
00 USB mass storage devices found and configured.

Bank interleave requested but not enabled
Checking NVRAM..

Unknow BIOS error. Eroor code =8302
Press F1 to resume

(Didn't need to write it all but did just incase)

and then it beeps 2 times and it freezes and i am not able to do anything but hit Ctrl-Alt-Del to restart and go through the same proccess

Now i have tried alot of things like resetting the CMOS (battery still in), I'v pulled the battery out left it for 5 minz put back in still nothing.
Now i think its a ram problem but this has only started sayying this. I have had diffrent things happen when i change around the settings and connections.
It was all fine and was getting to the loading screen then restarts now i'm stuck with this. I want to install a new XP version onto New 500gig
Also i put in my DVD Drive and it doesn't let me hit F1 or anything it's just black. I checked the bios everthying is running all is well just this.
Is it that my ram is not compatable I have 1 gig in right now to test i have 4gigs i originly had in and have swapped these around and put ea one in and nothing changes.
here are my specs:

Mobo: M3A78 Pro
CPU: 9950 Quad Black edition
Ram: Corsair CM2X1024-8500C5D (1088Mhz) 1g x 4
HDD: Sata 500gig 7200rmp western digital
Power: Corsair VX550wat

Please help me i am devo'd that this is happning will be for ever greatfull if you can help in any way.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:01 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

I have an ASUS board (M2A-VM), so I hope that makes this easier. Everything from this point on will be nothing but suggestions based on how my board functions.

FWIW: References to NVRAM, http://www.tech-faq.com/nvram.shtml . In my experience, these references have always been an indicator that my BIOS was screwed up...because the CMOS battery needed replacing. That is the first move I would make...buy/install a new CMOS battery.

When you say "the old" hard drive...are you talking about an IDE with XP already installed...or a clean hard drive? If you just tried to move the hard drive from one system to another...that can involve problems with drivers and settings if you try to boot into that Windows version.

If there is any partition at all on the hard drive, delete it.

I see that you have one IDE connector, supporting 2 devices. The PATA/IDE hard drive goes on the end connector, with Cable Select (or Master) as the jumper setting. The optical drive (which I don't see described) should also be jumpered CS (or Slave) and go on the "middle" connector (assuming that it is not a SATA optical drive). If you use CS jumper settings, both drives must use that setting, same for Master/Slave...you cannot mix them.

Disconnect all other drives from the system.

See if the system will now POST and allow you to go the BIOS. If the BIOS properly detects those two devices, we are farther along.

No point in my suggesting anything else now, I suspect replacing the CMOS battery will clear things up and give you options for a proper install. If not, post back and we'll try something else.

Louis

#3 andru

andru
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:15 AM

Cheers mate sorry for the late reply forgot to type back.
I got it looked at for 45 bukz and found out i scratched the mobo and had to buy a new one for another $230 got the m3a78-T instead of pro now thanks for the help tho...
I'm having a new problem now my comp keeps resetting itself i think its mostly when i'm playing CSS might have somthing to do with the temps i'm gonna post a new thread so if you could help me there that would be great
Thx again
Andrew

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:57 AM

Sorry to hear that you had to buy a replacement board, but it happens to many of us at some time.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users