Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why am I not receiving e-mail replies?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jarova

jarova

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:34 PM

I am using Outlook 2007 on my laptop for my sales position. I have XP Pro and connect via my secured home wifi network as well as other wifi networks while on the road. I use Cox.net for my ISP and have a cox e-mail address and a business e-mail address (different domain name) on my laptop Outlook account. My non-Cox account uses separate e-mail servers and port numbers than Cox.

I recently discovered that recipients of e-mails from me are responding to my e-mails, but I am not receiving those replies nor are they getting an error report. I've deleted the non-Cox account from my laptop and relied on SquirrelMail (webmail service) to send and check that e-mail. Same thing occurs that recipient receives my e-mail and responds, but I do not receive their response.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction? Our small business has a guy who handles our IT functions, but he's at a loss since I'm the only one with this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 brentmd

brentmd

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:39 AM

jarova,

First, with the information that you have provided this indicates it isn't an internal problem. If people are trying to send to you, and they don't get any bounce-backs this tells you that the messages are either going to a spam folder or getting blocked on your end. So right now I assume that your non-Cox (or your business domain) is having the problem. What ISP does the business use? Does the business have a spam filter setup that might be grabbing these messages? The best way to resolve this is to send a couple of test messages to yourself using your cox e-mail address, your non-cox e-mail address, and maybe a yahoo or gmail account. If you receive those messages then for the most part your non-cox account is fine.

Good luck!

#3 jarova

jarova
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:54 AM

I've tried testing with my own gmail, hotmail, and separate cox accounts on my home pc to and from the laptop. I have no issues when doing that.

#4 brentmd

brentmd

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:23 AM

jarova,

So what happens when you send yourself a message from your non-Cox account? Have you verified that nothing legitimate is in your spam folders? Also, you need to find out how your IT guy has the network setup for the business mail servers.

#5 jarova

jarova
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:10 AM

All messages I send myself back and forth work fine. I cannot recreate the issue without testing with the 4 recipients I've had issues with. Sometimes that takes a while. I did contact Linksys about my issue and they did a firmware upgrade of my router thinking that might have created some issues. Awaiting test responses from my contacts. I have contacted my IT for business and have all the business settings. I'm the only one in the company with this issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users