Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird never seen before problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 saltedm8

saltedm8

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:04 PM

I was on my pc.. which has vista 32bit.. and all of a sudden, it went mad, it threw open a dozen programmes, including skype and command prompt.. along with opening about 30 windows to Logitech's website, but that might have been because it also opened my webcam...

has anyone got any ideas what the hell went on ?

it did freeze for a bit after that too, but i guess that might be because it opened so much stuff.... seriously, all these windows opened within seconds

please help

thank you :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:16 PM

What were you doing?
What site(s) where you on?
Did you see any popup messages and perhaps click on one?

You can always go back a couple of days and do a reset?

The crew here needs more information and you may need to post in the Am I Infected forum?
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 saltedm8

saltedm8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:47 PM

I was on my own site webprocafe.com ... so I know i have not picked anything up from there

I did have a couple or normal windows open.. like 'computer' and also a mapped network via ftp, but never had any problems before

unfortunately, every time I have ever tried to go back on vista, it always seems to fail.. even though I know its on.. so thats not really an option.

Edited by saltedm8, 28 January 2009 - 04:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users