Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lexmark control program hangs

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Calvinder

Calvinder

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:17 PM

Hello I hope someone can help. I have a Lexmark Z53 printer I use on two different XP Pro machines. Almost every time I try to print something it opens the control program and then hangs for about 2.5 minuets until it prints. I have tried updating the drivers and reinstalling it on both machines. If I go into cartridge maintenance and print a test page or clean cartridges it prints right away. It dose this on my desk top and the laptop.

Thanks
Calvin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,558 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:47 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

Which driver package do you have installed? I see 3 different packages at http://downloads.lexmark.com/perl/downloads/downloads.cgi and they all say that they are compatible with XP.

I would uninstall the current package...and then try each of the first two, since they seem to be released at later dates than the third one listed. The later drivers should...be free of bugs noted in the initial drivers, IMO.

Louis

#3 Calvinder

Calvinder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:55 PM

Hi Louis
Been Der Done Dat
I have tried all of the drivers Lexmark has. Right now I have the newest one.
I’m thinking software conflict?

Calvin

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,558 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:31 PM

OK...most of my Lexmark problems have had to do with it's failure to completely remove aborted tasks from the print queue...or corrupted software/drivers. I had a Z53 also, among the various models I have owned.

Have you checked to see if the print queue is all clear when you attempt to print?

The other thing I can think of...check Event Viewer to see if there are any reported glitches with printer communication/execution.

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

The only other variable I can think of might be the way that you have the two systems accessing the printer. Are you having any trouble with other shared devices?

Interesting, IMO: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/56494-45...-delay-printing

Louis

#5 Calvinder

Calvinder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:06 PM

Yes the print queue is always clear.
I do not use the printer often.
We live ant travel in a converted greyhound bus so I only get it out when I need it. I connect via USB to both computers seldom network share the printer. I just hade a thought, maybe I should try a parallel cable to see if it is a usb thing but probably not.
The same thing is always in event viewer “Hanging application LXAUSW32.EXE, version 0.3.0.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.”

I might try changing the Print Processor to "WinPrint" like the post you sent suggests, but I think they are talking about slow printing not a long pos.

We are on the move again on Sunday or Monday so after that there might be times where I do not have internet for a wile.

Thank you
Calvin

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,558 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:47 PM

Well...I don't know what to suggest, other than uninstall everything with Lexmark on it...then reinstall the software/drivers.

When I had problems like this or problems installing a new driver...I would just manually uninstall all Lexmark apps in Add/Remove Programs...then delete all folders with Lexmark anything...then stop the LexBces service from running...and then manually edit the registry to delete all Lexmark entries. I did this to eliminate the possibility that old, damaged files were causing me my problems.

http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/lexbces.exe.html

FWIW: Application hang error messages in Event Viewer can normally often be eliminated by updating whatever program is the offending app...or uninstalling properly (via Add/Remove Programs) and then reinstalling it anew.

Louis

#7 Calvinder

Calvinder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:26 PM

Good idea removing then editing the registry. I think when I did that last time I did not remove any Registry items having to do with Lexmark. I will search for all the related drivers to I know when you remove a prog. Sometimes it dose not remove all drivers.

Thanks I will let you know but it might not bee soon

Calvin
Oaxaca Oaxaca Mexico

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,558 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:37 PM

I and others will be around to help, if we can. Good luck :thumbsup:.

Louis

#9 Calvinder

Calvinder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:03 PM

Louis
I got that Lexmark printer working much better. I was ruthless in removing everything related to Lexmark in the Registry. Loaded the drivers and it is a different control program than before seems older and not as many graphics. But it prints immediately.
I will now do that to the Laptop.

Tanks
Calvin

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,558 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:01 PM

You did all the work, well done...happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users