Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

msvcrt.dll problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rEdevils

rEdevils

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:17 AM

When my window start-up, a window will pop out saying the msvcrt.dll file cannot be located. In addition, when doing a crtl-alt-del, a window will pop out saying 'taskmgr.exe - entry point not found'. I'm not very sure what going on. At times, my IE will also not load the web page, where it just say is connecting to some proxy 65.XXX.XX. Hope someone can help me with this problems. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:06 AM

I see a lot of instances, but no sure cure.

What I would do: As a start, run chkdsk /r on the C: partition. Start/Run...type chkdsk /r (with space between k and /) and hit Enter. To answer the query, type Y and hit Enter.

Reboot and let it run.

System will reboot when chkdsk is completed.

I would then check Event Viewer for possible clues to what might be wrong.

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

Louis

#3 rEdevils

rEdevils
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:29 AM

Hi Louis, I had done the scan. There is no error window pop out when the computer start-up. These are some of the errors i got from the event viewer.

Error 1/29/2009 8:34:46 PM Service Control Manager None 7000 N/A ACER-8ABC80FEDB

Description: The npkcrypt service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

Error 1/29/2009 8:33:54 PM ati2mtag CRT 45062 N/A ACER-8ABC80FEDB

Description: CRT invalid display type

Error 1/29/2009 8:34:06 PM Dhcp None 1002 N/A ACER-8ABC80FEDB
Description: The IP address lease 192.168.1.100 for the Network Card with network address 00148549E694 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

Hope that these are the right information you need to assist me. Thank you.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:09 AM

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc726889.aspx

Re the DHCP, EventID 1002 error...do you have a home network? I get that error message at times on my home network...but if you don't have one, I see no reason for you to receive such.

The ATI2mtag, EventID 45062 error doesn't appear to be anything to worry about, http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid...tag&phase=1

http://www.file.net/process/npkcrypt.sys.html You could have a malware problem or you may be hacked...I don't know enough to say whether either is true or probable...but you seem to have DHCP/connection problems and you have what I would consider a questionable file reference on your system with an error message.

Louis

#5 rEdevils

rEdevils
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:44 AM

I browse my event viewer and found out the problems seems to happen everyday. I installed registry booster and run it. After that i check my event viewer and found out that this two problems still exist.

Error 2/02/2009 10:35:05 PM Service Control Manager None 7000 N/A ACER-8ABC80FEDB
Description: The npkcrypt service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

Error 2/02/2009 10:35:53 PM ati2mtag CRT 45062 N/A ACER-8ABC80FEDB
Description: CRT invalid display type

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users