Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.scr to flash or gif

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 joeblogit

joeblogit

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:25 AM

anyone have any ideas on software that will convert .scr files( screensavers) to either swf,or gif....before i go trialing a load of stuff...thanx...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:21 PM

I've never tried. i've heard that irfanview is a pretty good program, and it just might be able to do that, but i've never used the program.

Turning things into flash is pretty hard, i think. well, unless you just make it a video clip, and that might be pretty easy to do. If you get Flash CS3 or Cs4, it would probably work, but won't guarantee it.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#3 joeblogit

joeblogit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:41 PM

cool..thnks for that il try it out.....i have cs4 creative suite,and corel etc,and swish and sothink....they wont do it..i find a lot of stuff normaly with a bit of fiddling around ok to change to swf but cant find anything on .scr files....thanks for replying.... :thumbsup: il let you know.....

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:06 PM

cant find anything on .scr files

The .scr files are not an image format, they're an executable - a program like an .exe file, that Windows runs. The ones that generate geometric patterns use no image at all, just mathematical calculations to generate vector images. If a freestanding screensaver displays a photographic (stored bitmap) type image or images, these are contained in the .scr file, but to access them you'd have to find them and work out what format they are in (if a standard format is used). The developer of the screensaver is able to use whatever format they like or what their development platform will utilise, so the image could be a standard encoding, or proprietary, even encrypted if they choose to protect their image.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 joeblogit

joeblogit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:32 PM

hi platypus...thnks for that....

Edited by joeblogit, 29 January 2009 - 06:39 PM.

#6 joeblogit

joeblogit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:06 AM

I've never tried. i've heard that irfanview is a pretty good program, and it just might be able to do that, but i've never used the program.

Turning things into flash is pretty hard, i think. well, unless you just make it a video clip, and that might be pretty easy to do. If you get Flash CS3 or Cs4, it would probably work, but won't guarantee it.

thnks for that i downloaded that little tool...very good.....makes me wonder why quik time is such a large programme,when this tool does a hell of a lot more??.....il be using this a lot.......

#7 lhamil64

lhamil64

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:34 PM

Well you could just use a screen capturing program (such as CamStudio or Wink) to capture the screensaver for a few minutes and then export it as a flash file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users