Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Sign Into Computer IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 newbreed424

newbreed424

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:21 AM

My problem originated when I was updating updating Zone Alarm for my Windows XP OS. My computer was turned off halfway through the update. It runs through the normal load page, but then right before I am prompted by the sign on screen a blue screen appears. Any subsequent attempt to turn my computer on in normal mode results in a blue screen with the error message...

IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL

Technical information:
STOP: 0x0000000A (oxE1C35008, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x805A667A)

I then turn my computer back on, hit F8 to enter the advanced options menu, and click on Safe mode. I then select Microsoft Windows XP Professional. The screen just sits there with a blank sign on background, but I am never prompted by the sign on menu. It will sit there for hours without change.

I then manually turn my computer off, and start it again in the advanced options menu. I selected Last Known Good Configuration for Windows XP Professional. The next screen to show up is the loading page, and then the blue page appears again with the same message as before.

Please help!!! Thank you.

P.S. The problem of being unable to sign in to safe mode is not new, and has been occurring long before this newest problem. I believe this may have occurred from changing the loading sounds and images from the original loading settings. Of course this is just one of many possibilities...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:47 AM

MS guidance: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314063

Louis

#3 newbreed424

newbreed424
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:06 AM

Thank you for such a fast response. My problem is that I cannot remove the third party software. I know what the specific software is, but I do not know how to remove it. I cannot sign in normally, and I cannot sign in through safe mode. It is only through these methods do I know how to add/remove software. In addition to this, I am unable to revert to previous setting through the advanced startup menu. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users