Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Laptop running slowly.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 supatyson

supatyson

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:35 AM

Hey everyone, I am currently using a Toshiba A210 Laptop that seems to be running very slowly. The laptop is only used for the internet(mozilla firefox), playing games(solitare/inbuilt vista games & rollercoaster tycoon 3), as well as Microsoft Word. I have currently tried running all sorts of scans like Spybot S&D, Adaware, Panda Activescan, and all come back with little to no problems. I have also tried limiting programs that start up using Spybot S&D but it only seems to make start-up a little quicker, but everything else still seems to run slow.

I would like to find a way to put up a list of all the things installed on the laptop, so someone here can help with what sort of inbuilt programs can be removed that will not interfere with the programs I want and need to use. It would be greatly appreciated if someone can help with this. Anything that is needed, I can help and get for you.

Thank-you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:24 PM

Do you clean your system regulary with vistas disc clean programme as accumulated rubbish can slow you down.A excellent cleaner is CC Cleaner by piriform.Do you defrag your hard drive.I do not use registry cleaners as they can do more harm than good but I do use auslogics registry defragment tool.Have you a lot of programmes on your hard drive.Get rid of any programmes you no longer use.How much ram have you and how much are you using.If you do not have enough ram your system will be slow.

#3 supatyson

supatyson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:39 AM

I do use Disc Clean, Disc Defragementation, There are not to many programs, is there a program that will give me a list of all programs installed on the computer that can be saved as a text file, for me to put up here to get advice on what to remove.

#4 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:16 AM

Win Audit will list everything on your computer and I mean literaly everything.Its freeware @www.pxserver.com

#5 kennedymelody

kennedymelody

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:00 AM

Hi, have you checked you Processes in task manager?

Click the "Show processes from all users" box and click the CPU tab to order from highest to lowest, processes that may be eating your CPU.

Obviously the higher the number in the CPU column the more of your CPU it is using.

I'm having a similar problem with the "System Idle Process". It's hogging my CPU and making my laptop unresponsive!

Hope this helps.

#6 oneluv77

oneluv77

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:59 AM

how much RAM does you're computer have?
how big is the hard drive?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users