Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't open e-mail attachments with yahoo

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 redblock75

redblock75

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:37 AM

I have a 2 year old Toshiba laptop with Windows Vista. I am running Trend Micro AV. and internet exployer. Until about 6 months ago, everything was ok, but now, when I check my e-mail with yahoo, the e-mail opens ok, but anything with an attachment will not open. It gives me the "internet exployer can not display this web page" message. It is not yahoo, because it will open with other computers. I bought the pc at Staples, so I went there and asked them about this problem. They said that it might have my security level set too high, but I told him that it was set at medium so that should'nt be the problem. I've tried to play around with this problem, but with no luck. I went back to the guy at Staples and he said that I would probably have to restore the computer back to the factory default setting, which would wipe out all the stuff I have stored unless I wanted to copy everything to CD and reload. Hopefully this is a last resort ploy and I hope that "maybe" there is a simple solution, if there is such a thing.
This not being able to open attachments is a real pain because I have contracts, agreement, etc. e-mailed to me to be signed and sent back and I can't do that with this problem. I'm not very computer savvy, so any help that you could give me would be a lifesaver.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users