Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Compaq Presario CQ50 sound problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 midnight51

midnight51

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:59 PM

Hi guys, I have a unique problem. After my laptop HP Compaq CQ50 comes out of hibernation or standby the sound no longer functions properly. I get no sound at all. A quick reboot fixes the problem but it would be nice if I could get it to work after coming out of hibernation. Any suggestions? Thanks.

M51

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:46 AM

Hi M51.

If you're using Vista it's a known issue and there is an update (937077) that addresses that here.
If it doesn't work, or you already have it, or you do not have Vista, let us know.
Well actually, let us know anyway. :thumbsup:

#3 midnight51

midnight51
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:04 PM

Well this machine was preloaded with Vista but I blew it away and installed XP on it. Don't know if that makes any difference but so yeah it is running XP Pro SP3.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:03 PM

For XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892559/en-us
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 midnight51

midnight51
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:40 PM

Microsoft has to actually send you the hotfix in the mail? That is something new... thanks Mark, I'll try it as soon as they send it through.

#6 midnight51

midnight51
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:35 PM

I got it and tried to run it... it gives me an error saying "Setup has detected that the Service Pack version of this system is newer than the update you are applying. There is no need to install this update."

#7 BLU69

BLU69

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:45 PM

Midnight,

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am having the exact same on a cq60.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users