Hello. I am PropagandaPanda (Panda
for short), and I will be helping you with your log.
I apologize for the delay in response. We get overwhelmed with logs at times, but we are trying our best to keep up. If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following so I can have a look at the current condition of your machine.
You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favourites. Alternatively, you can click the
button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic
, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here
.Download and Run ATFCleaner
Please download ATF Cleaner
by Atribune. This program will clear out temporary files before we run OTScanIt. You will likely be logged out of the forum where you are recieving help.This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only.
Download and Run OTScanIt
- Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
- Under Main Select Files to Delete choose: Select All.
- Click the Empty Selected button.
- If you use any other browsers, select them appropriately from the top and empty all items.
by OldTimer to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTScanIt
on your desktop.
Download and Run Scan with GMER
- Open the OTScanIt folder and double-click on OTScanIt.exe to start the program. If you are running on Vista then right-click the program and choose Run as Administrator.
- Click the Extras button under "Additional Scans".
- Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
- When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
- Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.
- Close Notepad (saving the change if necessary).
- Use the Add Reply button in the forum and Attach the scan back here (do not copy/paste it as it will be too big to fit into the post). It will be located in the OTScanIt folder and named OTScanIt.txt.
We will use GMER to scan for rootkits
Please download GMER.zip to your desktop from any of the links below:LINK1
- Right click on GMER.zip and select "Extract All".
- Close all other open programs as there is a slight chance your computer will crash.
- Double click GMER.exe. If you are using Windows Vista, right click the icon and select "Run as Administrator". Your security programs may detect GMER's driver trying to load. Allow it.
- You may see a warning saying "GMER has detected rootkit activity". If so, select NO.
- Leaving the settings at default, click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click Save and save the log onto your desktop.
Please include the log in your next reply.
In your next reply include:
-the OTScanIt log (attached)
-the GMER log (pasted directly into your reply)
Please also tell me of any changes you have made to your computer since your topic was started.
If you do not make a reply in 5 days, we will need to close your topic.