My name is Extremeboy (or EB for short), and I will be helping you with your log.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know.
If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you do not make a reply in 5 days, we will need to close your topic.
You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favourites. Alternatively, you can click the
button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic
. The topics you are tracking can be found here
.Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
- Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.
- If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
- Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". We do not want to clean you part-way, only to have the system re-infect itself.
- Please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply.
- Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just post back here so that we know you're still here.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
- Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
- A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
- Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_Scan
- Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
- Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-- Note: The screen instructions indicate the attach.txt must be zipped before attaching (not posted) to your forum post. Instead, we want you to include attach.txt as an attachment to upload using the "Browse" button in the text editor when making your reply.Download and Run Scan with GMER
We will use GMER
to scan for rootkits
- Download gmer.zip and save to your desktop.
Alternate Download Site 1
Alternate Download Site 2
- Unzip/extract the file to its own folder. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 2000 users click here.
- When you have done this, disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
There is a small chance this application may crash your computer so save any work you have open.
- Double-click on Gmer.exe to start the program.
- Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
- If it gives you a warning at program start about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a scan...click NO.
- Click the >>>
- Click on Settings, then check the first five settings:
- System Protection and Tracing
- Save created processes to the log
- Save loaded drivers to the log
- You will be prompted to restart your computer. Please do so.
After the reboot, run Gmer again
and click on the Rootkit
- Look at the right hand side (under Files) and uncheck all drives with the exception of your C drive.
- Make sure all other boxes on the right of the screen are checked, EXCEPT for Show All.
- Click on the Scan and wait for the scan to finish.
Note: Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan. You will know that the scan is done when the Stop buttons turns back to Scan.
- When completed, click on the Copy button and right-click on your Desktop, choose New>Text document. Once the file is created, open it and right-click again and choose Paste. Save the file as gmer.txt and copy the information in your next reply.
:Please do not select the Show all
checkbox during the scan..Run Kaspersky Online Scanner
Please do a scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner
.This scan is for Internet Explorer only.
If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select Run as administrator to perform this scan.
You can refer to this animation by sundavis.
- Open the Kaspersky Scanner page.
- Click on Accept and install any components it needs.
- The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.
- After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My Computer
- This will start the program and scan your system.
- The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.
- Once the scan is complete, click on View scan report
- Now, click on the Save Report as button.
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Copy and paste that information in your next post.
In your next reply please include the following:
- GMER Log
- Kaspersky's Log
- What Problems do you still have?
: For other users who are reading this topic,the instructions provided in this topic are for the original topic starter ONLY. Even if you have similar problems or even log entries to those given here, please do not follow the directions, especially those involving specific tools and scripts. Doing so can result in serious damage to your computer. Instead, please start your own topic and feel free to link to any relevant topics as needed.Please Do NOT follow the instructions provided for this topic.