Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SATA Mobo Blues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dankin

dankin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:34 PM

Hi

Just built me a shiny new 'puter with an ASUS K8N-E deluxe MoBo and a Maxtor 160 GB SATA drive. Windows XP fails to find the blinking drive. HeLp !! :thumbsup:

Mod Edit - Topic moved to the appropriate forum - Leurgy

Edited by Leurgy, 27 May 2005 - 12:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Xven

Xven

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 28 May 2005 - 01:29 AM

Hard to believe, yet I have the exact same problem. I got myself a new rig setup on a ASUS K8V-E Deluxe and have a 160 GB SATA HD. Now, when I try to install XP (or any other OS for that matter) it doesn't seem to detect any tangible hard drives. Later I realised that I have RAID missing. Anyway to turn raid off, and have this as a standalone drive? Please answer, I'm desperate. I've waited an eternity for this computer and I'm getting really frustrated :thumbsup:

#3 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 28 May 2005 - 03:19 AM

Hi both,
I just did a quick search for SATA problems on ASUS mobos and got plenty of hits. Unless your SATA ports are dead (which was reported) it looks most likely a BIOS setting problem. You may need to update the BIOS.
The general impression I got was to avoid factory default settings, enable both SATA channels even if you only have one drive, and set up standalone drive(s) first, get to RAID later.

Sorry no specific ideas. hth. :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users