Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Website check please.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 wildchild2

wildchild2

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:22 AM

Could I ask a big favour from the experts here please re my website.

A couple of visitors lately have told me that going to my website triggers a trojan alert in some programs. I have been through all the code and can't find anything that is unusual. I am hoping it is the stat counter that is doing it and not that I have been hacked.

I would appreciate if someone can have a look and if you get the warning please let me know what the program is so I can check it out properly.

This is a genuine request for help, not trying to get traffic to my site. The site is a personal one for my photography and I have nothing to gain by getting extra traffic.

I appreciate any help and advice. Thank you.

The site is here- http://people.aapt.net.au/wildchild2/index.html
Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:30 AM

I didn't get any malware notices or triggers when I clicked on the link to the home page.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:27 PM

Do you know where the problem originates?
What Security products are being used?
Regards,

Alan.

#4 webrat

webrat

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:56 PM

Had a wander,

Nice Site. Nice layout.

No alerts (Norton).

#5 wildchild2

wildchild2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:39 PM

Thanks guys.
I believe it was Super Antispyware that they said threw up a warning. I can't get it to do it though. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

#6 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:14 AM

no problems here either.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#7 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:05 AM

This may not be needed anymore but...

I just had a look at the site and had no problems whatsoever, I've accessed from work where i work for two international companies so our internet security/protection is top notch due to the nature of the work (if someone could get anything into the network god help us lol) Nothing was flagged up at all.

Thought it might help :thumbsup:
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#8 InterestinglyAverage

InterestinglyAverage

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:14 PM

One question you may want to ask visitors is where they came to your site from. I have recently seen attacks where the attacker used a script to only expose the attack code to visitors coming from Google or specific other sites. This extended the amount of time it took for the site owner to find out that the problem existed, and for analysts to actually find and fix the problem. It also hides attacks from many types of scanners, including Google's malware warning system and possibly AVG's toolbar. Of course, it is now one of the first things I check when I see a description like what you posted.
The only way to learn anything is to question everything.

#9 wildchild2

wildchild2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:17 PM

Thanks for your help, guys. I have only had the one report from one visitor. I have been through all the code and reloaded all clean pages so I hope it is all ok.
I am trying to get the original reporter to have another look to see if it happens again.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users