Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New computer with Vista; trouble with loading websites

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 patb435

patb435

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:06 PM

I just bought a new computer a few days ago (so I haven't managed to totally screw it up). It came with Vista and IE7. Several websites that I consistently use have pop-ups (where I apply for jobs, etc.). The pop-up feature on IE is disabled but the pop-ups take forever to load. The computer processor is 1800 Mhz 4 core; the machine has 4GB RAM and 8 GB memory. I did not replace the monitor since it was fairly new but it has a refresh rate of 60 Hz. I was unsure if the monitor was the problem so am looking for an answer...

My second problem is that since I used Outlook 2003 before, I wanted to keep it. No problem there, except that now when I try to click a link in a new message, I get a message that says "IE is not connected" if I do not have IE opened up in addition to Outlook. That never happened on my old computer which ran XP, so have assumed this is an "incompatibility" problem with Vista??

thanks for any help
Pat

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 brentmd

brentmd

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:58 PM

patb435,

I would suggest downloading an alternative web browser like Mozilla Firefox ( http://www.download.com/mozilla-firefox/?tag=mncol ). Check to see if you still experience the issues with that browser. Wait until IE8 is released in the coming months to replace IE7.

Good luck!

#3 patb435

patb435
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:12 PM

Thanks brentmd, I downloaded Monzilla Firefox and that solved BOTH problems!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users