Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another Strange Thing With Microsoft Works

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Luvkitty

Luvkitty

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:08 PM

Hello,

I have a document that I wrote quite awhile ago, but all of a sudden I've started to get this error message either when opening or trying to save or save as after adding something to it. What is the problem?

http://i44.tinypic.com/2yv9z6e.jpg

Thanks so much!
Michele

I just wanted to add that I do NOT have another document with that name.

Thanks again!

Edited by Luvkitty, 17 January 2009 - 09:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:15 AM

Usually when you get that error, it is asking you if you want to overwrite the old one with the new one that you're trying to save.

Pressing "Yes" will Usually be OK, however if you want to be on the safe side you should probably save it as a different file name , to make sure that nothing really is wrong with your MS Works.

Edited by funnytim, 21 January 2009 - 03:15 AM.

#3 Luvkitty

Luvkitty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:08 AM

Thank you for the response. I'm still confused, though because why did it suddenlystart happening? I've been adding to and saving that same document for months with no problems, and then all of a sudden I started having problems saving it. I don't want to have to go through the same thing every single time I want to save a document. Do you have any other ideas as to what's going on, why, and how I can resolve the issue permanently? Thanks again for the help!! I really appreciate it!! I hope you have a great weekend!!

:thumbsup: Michele

#4 Luvkitty

Luvkitty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:08 PM

Hello,

I actually am still looking for some help on my last two posts, but in the meantime, I thought I'd post about this one, as well. Each time I go to open Microsoft Works I get this message on the screen:

http://i44.tinypic.com/4gqck3.jpg

Also, when I click OK on that message, it automatically opens to the document I had left open the last time I used the computer. This document happens to be the same one that I keep having problems saving which I posted about in my earlier help message and am still awaiting more help. This makes me wonder if the two issues are connected???

Thank you very much for your time and help! Have a great night!
Michele :thumbsup:

#5 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:44 AM

Hi Michele.

I just wanted to add that I do NOT have another document with that name.

Maybe not on the same drive\location.
Bear with me because I haven't used works in many years but the file name suggests "hyperlink".
Is this works .wps doc somehow synchronzed with your blog?
If it is and you have others that are as well, do they exhibit the same behavior?
I assume that all other "standard" .wps's, for lack of a better term, open normally?
What version of works are you using?
Not playing 20 questions here, just need a go point. :thumbsup:

Edited by HitSquad, 27 January 2009 - 09:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users