Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Commercials

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 26 May 2005 - 07:02 PM

I thought this was a little weird when I saw for the first time in my life a Microsoft Windows (specifically XP) commerical. I almost bleep my pants.

The commericial started with this girl talking about how break-ups were awsoe cause you can write and record (with a guitar) and make your own music. And then at the end MS says something along the lines of this: "With the possilibities of the software available on Microsoft."

Now why in the world would Microsoft be advertising there Operating System. I have seen there commericials in the past for businesses, but now why would Microsoft be advertising its software unless it was either loosing its sales in its O/S or it is feeling threaten.

Has anybody else seen these new commericials for Microsoft Windows XP?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:32 PM

Yes, I have seen it. MS is running a XP campaign to encourage people to update from older versions (about half of windows users have an older version). THEN, after upgrading and having users spend the bucks, they will release LONGHORN and get even MORE of your money becuase you didn't wait.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2005 - 11:52 PM

Oh, I'll wait... just to tick them off. :thumbsup: But I don't think me alone is gonna affect their pay check.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users