Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Realtek Audio Driver Plays Headphones and Speakers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kelly528

kelly528

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:56 PM

Everything was working fine until about 9 months ago. I have tried switching settings on realtek and the windows control panel to headphone mode, but no matter what settings are on, my computer fails to mute the speakers when playing through headphones. There are absolutely NO troubleshooting topics on windows or realtek websites about this. Help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lowtek_otc

lowtek_otc

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:43 PM

I think I remember in the realtek settings on my old computer it said something along the lines of "disable front audio when headphone is plugged in" with a check box to toggle on and off.

-- do you see any settings resembling that?

If you have already found the on/off and it does not work, try uninstalling and re-installing the audio drivers and software.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users