Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MALFUNCTIONING SOFTWARE ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LVYoung

LVYoung

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:11 PM

I'M GLAD TO BE WITH YOU ALL !!!

I keep getting an error message saying that "The program you are trying to run is missing. Please reinstall your software." Then under details it

says PROBLEM EVENT: APPCRASH-----AIOC exe has stopped working. I feel sure the program is on here to reinstall as the picture for Lexmark All In One

comes up when I click on the program, in the task tray, in the bottom right corner, but it doesn't work when I try to actually use it. I can't find it---??

Does anyone know where I can find it or do I have to scour the stores looking for the software? It was on the computer when I boughtt it new, so I don't

have the software.

How did this happen in the first place---one day everything was fine, turned the compurter on the next day and there was the message.

Thanks,
LVYoung

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:34 PM

The driver got corrupted. It can happen any number of ways
Give us the model number of the unit and we can link you tp the download page
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 LVYoung

LVYoung
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:33 PM

Hello Garmanma,

So glad that someone can help me out with this, being a "newbie" to the computer world, I've find it all very confusing. Anyway the unit is a Gateway---

Model # T-6330u---- Serial # N1C 8951042901-----Running Vista on both of the computers---the other one is a Toshiba Satelite ---but that one seems to be

working ok just very slow when I pull up the Lexmark All In One Center. Is there any way to prevent this from happening again ? If there's any other info

you need, just let me know and

Thanks again,
LVYoung

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:10 AM

I"m sorry I wasn't more specific. I need the model number for the Lexmark all-in-one printer
It is the printer driver that became corrupt
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 LVYoung

LVYoung
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:36 PM

Hi garmanma,

I went hunting for the model number of the Lexmark printer----came up with -----Lexmark X2690 . Got this number off the receipt that

Circuit City had issued me. Another number that was on the box that it came in ----12L 1280. I think these are the only possibilities. The second one

wa not designated as the model number tho. Hope this solves-----thanks again for your time and help.

LVYoung

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:00 PM

I'm assuming that this is Vista 32 bit not 64. Here is the download page
http://downloads.lexmark.com/perl/downloads/downloads.cgi#
I cannot give you a direct link, just to the main support page
Select your Zone, then your Region.
Locate the X2690 on the right-hand side and click on "download driver"
Click on Windows Vista on the far right. A dialog box will pop-up with "file k2600en32.exe"
Save that to your Desktop
Close all running programs then click on the .exe icon to install

Edited by garmanma, 30 January 2009 - 03:19 PM.

Mark
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users