Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows service pack 3 sound trouble

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 scottish101

scottish101

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:53 PM

My laptop recently updadted to service pack 3 and now my laptop has lost sound. My laptop is a lenovo thinkpad . I took my laptop to the IT guys on our collage campus but they were unable to hely me, they tried reinstalling the hard drives but nothing seemed to work. Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone know of a solution to getting the sound back.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lowtek_otc

lowtek_otc

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:02 PM

re-installing the hard drives? I highly doubt that.

However go to Start > Run
Type: devmgmt.msc
Press enter

On the window that appears, press the + sign next to 'Sound, Video, and Game controllers'
Post back here with what it lists under the 'Sound, Video, and Game controllers'

Please let us know if there are ANY icons in the window that have a yellow or red mark on the icon!

#3 scottish101

scottish101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:39 PM

yeh under sound, video and game controllers - audio device on high definition audio bus has a yellow mark on the icon. What i forgot to mention was when the prob first began the computer kept telling me that soundmax had been uninstalled but i didnt uninstall it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users