Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Add or Remove Windows Components

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 13 August 2004 - 05:09 PM

Look to the left for the Windows Setup Add/remove. Then when you're in, look for Windows Media Player. Unselect it and choose ok to remove it.

This brought the question to mind. I see: Description: Adds or removes access to __________________ from the start menu. Since I don't use Windows Messenger or Outlook Express, to name a couple, I have wondered about the overall effect of this feature. I always figured I'd foul things up if I pursued removing Windows components from more than just the startup menu, but I've considered it. (I just haven't pursued the right unbiased KB, I guess)
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 August 2004 - 05:13 PM

you can remove them if you want! If you dont use MSN either you can remove it! It will say some programs wont work but they just dont want you to remove it! But go ahead it will leave more space and all! Wont bother anything if you just want to remove stuff from your start bar right click on start click properties and then go to customize and press clear list!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users