Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battery for Dell Latitude D620

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Francis S

Francis S

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:32 PM

I have a Dell Latitude D620 laptop, purchased new in February, 2007. In the last month, battery life has deteriorated greatly. It runs down now to 7%, triggering "hibernation", in about twenty minutes. At Dell's site and elsewhere, I have learned (1) Dell's battery warranty is only one year regardless of the system warranty (so, the battery warranty has expired on my unit); (2) my experience has apparently been pretty good (that is, almost two years, from February '07 to January '09); (3) "customer comments" regarding replacement batteries at Dell are not encouraging; and (4) there is a site called "Pacific Battery" (http://www.pacificbattery.com/) that sells replacement batteries (OEM and "Compatible") for Dell and other brand laptops at attractive prices. So, my question: Has anyone here had experience with "Pacific Battery"? If so, has it been good? Thank you. Francis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:42 PM

I have no experience with this Company, but...

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Pacific_Battery_Systems

they appear to only be fair.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 Francis S

Francis S
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:58 PM

Thanks for that link. Actually, having read both pages of reviews there, I might have given them a notch better than "fair". There seem to be a bunch of happy customers, but, you're right, there are a few "very dissatisfied" customers, too.

#4 FreeRadicals

FreeRadicals

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:29 AM

I recently bought a battery for my DELL from Battery Gallery. New, fast shipping and at a fraction of the DELL price. Unfortunately, my problem is most likely with the power jack.
Paula

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users