Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Memory slot locations

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gbloch176

gbloch176

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:02 PM

:thumbsup:
Does anyone know where the 2nd slot for memory on an Acer Aspire 3690 laptop is located? I have accessed the easy one on the bottom of the laptop. Is it behind the keyboard? I am wanting to upgrade the memory, and crucial says it has two slots. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blue Coconut

Blue Coconut

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:25 PM

without pulling out my manuals, I believe its underneath slot one and offset a bit...place your laptop on a grounding mat, or do the best you can to ground it and try and ground yourself as well, it seems silly to average users but as cold as it is and the forces of nature zapping us right now you really need to ground yourself, anyway, try going back in, taking out slot one module and you will see slot 2 underneath it. Like I said if memory serves. If its not right just post back and I will pull the service manual from the back.

thanks

Blue
Ever tried landing a city block? Its a rush one cannot describe.

#3 gbloch176

gbloch176
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:51 PM

Thanks for the quick response! I will look to see if it is there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users