Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't find a sound driver.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 alegre1228

alegre1228

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:19 PM

I installed a fresh copy of Windows Xp Home with service pack 2 on a HP Pavilion 752n and I have no sound. I went to hp website to download the sound driver but they didn't have one. So I contacted them and they couldn't help me. I've looked around for some but have had no success. Does anyone know of a sound driver that is compatible with Hp pavilion 752n or where I can get one?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 26 May 2005 - 06:21 PM

Try here:http://www.driverguide.com/
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:29 PM

they couldn't help me.

Wow! Great product support there! Not.:thumbsup:

If your sound 'card' is onboard I think the drivers are packaged with the motherboard drivers. Surely those were available at HP?

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:08 PM

Try Windows Update. Quite often you can obtain a driver there. When WU finishes the scan, look to the left of the page and click on Drivers and see whats listed. You want the Audio Codec '97 (AC'97).

According to HP, you have an ASUS P4G-LA Motherboard. This includes the Intel 845GL Chipset. Asus doesn't list that mobo as I imagine HP have their own model number for it. According to Intel:

Microsoft* has chosen Intel HD Audio as the main architecture for their new Unified Audio Architecture* (UAA), which provides one driver that will support all Intel HD Audio controllers and codecs. While the Microsoft driver is expected to support basic Intel HD Audio functions, codec vendors are expected to differentiate their solutions by offering enhanced Intel HD audio solutions

Based on that, I think that MS Update is your best bet.

Did you buy a copy of XP? Maybe HP is in a snit because of that. Their drivers are bundled with the Operating System recovery CD's.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 alegre1228

alegre1228
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2005 - 06:36 PM

Thankz :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users