Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with trojan.Virtumonde trojan.Vundo and generic!artemis

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 ThrAsh4u

ThrAsh4u

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:00 AM

MY ORIGINAL POST IS IN THE WRONG SECTION> I APOLOGIZE!

My pride has been in the way of asking for help in situations like this, but I think I am in way over my head, so here goes:
I have been infected with multiple trojans and malware, including:
Trojan.TDSS
Trojan.Vundo.H
Trojan.Virtumonde
Trojan.Vundo
Generic!artemis
Trojan.FakeAlert
Trojan.Seneka
Malware.Trace
Trojan.Agent
Spyware.OnlineGames
and most recently: generic!artemis

I have used multiple scanner programs: Malwarebytes Malware. Windows Defender, Spyware Doctor, Norton Corporate Anti-virus 10.0.0.359, and Lavasoft Adware 2007 AND 2008. I uninstalled Symantec Norton Anti-virus Corperate, and installed AVG, and ran it in safemode, and it had a ton of virus that it detected. I then removed AVG after it was done, and reinstalled Symantec Norton Coperate Anti-virus.

I also used Vundofix to rid myself of the Vundo.

I think I have finally gotten rid of vundo(I pray I did...really NASTY virus), and most of the other virii, but I just recently (for safety sake) scanned my pc using Mcaffee Stinger, and I have the generic!artemis virus. I have no idea the damage that has been done to my pc, but It is running terrible, and My anti-virus has crapped out a couple of times during a scheduled scan. Most of the time I cannot do a scheduled scan, as it hangs up.

When I was infected with the Vundo Virus, It screwed up my registry and did some really nasty damage to my winsock files. I had someone look at it, and they had me run FixVundo.exe, VundoFix.exe, and WinsockXPfix v1.01.exe

I have downloaded hijack this, and copy pasted the logs for anyone to PLEASE help me with:
I have the log of for anyone to help me:
a) rid myself of all infections
Repair the damage all the virus have caused

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:26 PM

Actually it is in the correct forum for HJT logs
I will close this thread and leave the other one intact
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users