Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with downloading files & softwares from internet on Vista

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kelong

kelong

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:19 AM

I have problems with downloading files & applications from the internet on my laptop using Vista. Does anyone encounter the same problems like mine?
Here is the scenario that I have encountered, whenever I try to save the downloaded music, video or application files from the internet to a specified directory, I always canít find the saved files on the directory. It is always gone missing after finished the downloading process. I have sought advices from some computer savvy on my entire configuration but nothing can be solved. Can the experts here enlighten me what are the problems?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:22 AM

Hi, so when you downlaod a file you select the folder you want to save it in? Just for a test create a folder on your destop called Test>now downlaod a small file and place it in the folder. Did it save? If so is there a cahnce you hace two user accounts and it is saving it to another account?
MCP
MSDST

#3 kelong

kelong
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:29 PM

Hi, so when you downlaod a file you select the folder you want to save it in? Just for a test create a folder on your destop called Test>now downlaod a small file and place it in the folder. Did it save? If so is there a cahnce you hace two user accounts and it is saving it to another account?

Hi Monty007, thanks for ur kind response...
I have tried the method that u has recommended but it still remains empty, the file is missing. Btw, I have only one account which is also the administrator, the guest account is turned off. I have tried to search that file on other folders but to no avail. Is it there a problem with the Vista OS?

#4 brentmd

brentmd

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:06 AM

kelong,

What web browser are you currently using? IE7 or Mozilla Firefox. There might be a slight chance that your web browser is corrupt in some way. When you download something in IE7 it usually gives you the options to Run or Save. When you download something using Mozilla Firefox you can specify the download location from Tools: Options. I would try using an alternative web browser ( http://www.download.com/mozilla-firefox/?tag=mncol ).

Good luck!

#5 kelong

kelong
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:50 AM

kelong,

What web browser are you currently using? IE7 or Mozilla Firefox. There might be a slight chance that your web browser is corrupt in some way. When you download something in IE7 it usually gives you the options to Run or Save. When you download something using Mozilla Firefox you can specify the download location from Tools: Options. I would try using an alternative web browser ( http://www.download.com/mozilla-firefox/?tag=mncol ).

Good luck!

Brentmd,

I m using IE7, as u mentioned, it usually gives the option to Run or Save and then when u save it, is gone. Anyway, I will take ur advise.
Thanks brentmd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users