Starting last Monday I realized the results of my google searches were being redirected to blank websites with the domain windowsclick.com. Over course of week error messages have been frequent. Blue Screen of Death has occured twice upon startup this past week.
I have tried the following:
- McAfee AV initially nothing, but 1/24/09 Scheduled Scan Quarantined JV/Exploit-Gimsh
- Downloaded and installed Windows Defender. Had to rename install executable file. Updated, ran, found nothing.
- Deleted all Temp Internet Files in both FF and IE
- Turned off system restore to prevent lurkers in system restore files.
- Downloaded and Installed Ad-Aware, updated to latest. Ran and found nothing.
- Downloaded and Installed Spybot S&D. Had to rename install file to successfully install. Was able to install and update, but program will not run.
- Tried to Install Malwarebytes, but infection prevents install, even after repeated attempts with renaming the mbam-setup.exe file.
- Tried manual full scan of mcafee tonight, but Windows error occurs telling that On Demand Scan has encountered a problem and needs to close.
- Disable BIOS memory options such as caching & shadowing
- *** Stop:0X000000D1(0XE215F000,0X00000002,0X00000000,0XA775ECF6)
Anyone wanna help? Should I take this to the HJT forum?