Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Finally I get to say hello

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CRUM

CRUM

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:58 PM

I joined last week, but for some unknown reason, I could not post. Everyehere I looked said I could, but the sorry you cannot post message came up everytime. The emails sent were sent back as undeliverable. So I moved along.

Tonight I figured one or two more shots and then I was done. I started with a re-verification of my registration and golly gee whiz if that did not work.

So howdy from Maine. I came with a problem and still ahve a problem, but at least one problem I encountered here has been resolved. There is hope after all.

I sell and fix bikes(pedal kind) for a living. Computers are a part of my life but I really up until now have made no attempt to understand what goes on to make this computing magic happen. I am here to fix my problem. I am also here to learn. I will not allow this problem tp happen again because of my lack of knowledge.

Keep it 'tween the ditches,

Crum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:00 AM

Welcome to BC
Sorry for the wait, had to bang on the server a couple of times
I worked part-time in a bike shop in the '70's
I had a Fuji frame, Shimano and Campy parts all drilled and polished
Still got it
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 CRUM

CRUM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:10 AM

Welcome to BC
Sorry for the wait, had to bang on the server a couple of times
I worked part-time in a bike shop in the '70's
I had a Fuji frame, Shimano and Campy parts all drilled and polished
Still got it

Ah yes, the old drilling parts out to save weight thing. It could get dangerous. Unfortunately my nice road bike from that period ended up under a car in Baltimore and me in the hospital. My oldest ride now is only about 25 years old.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users