Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it possible to undo System Recovery?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tsquared56

tsquared56

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:26 PM

Basically, long story short my computer shut down unexpectedly earlier. I could only operate it in safe mode; and after doing that I tried to open in the Recovery partition (F1 was setup, F10 was Recovery).

It wasn't a full blown destructive recovery, thank god, and it appears that all of my previous files have been retained. However I'm having major issues with my sound card (that won't even install even with the CD), video card, and wireless connection.

Is it possible to go back to before I ran the Recovery? All of my files were obviously backed up, and I was curious if I could run System Restore on a point from a few days ago when my computer was working fine. That would have been a better move that what I did, I realize.

Thanks,
Tim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rosiesdad

rosiesdad

• Members
  • 220 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:29 PM

I am pretty sure you can juggle system restore points with no issues. At some point there is a choice to undo the last system restoration.

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,947 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:31 PM

Yes it is. I have done it a few times, but it's been so long I had to search for how to do it.

To reverse a system restore, simply start System Restore and click the option labeled Undo My Last Restoration. Windows XP completely reverses the status of the restore you last performed.

From here: http://www.informit.com/library/content.as...m=188&rll=1

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users