Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Here's a good one

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spincity

spincity

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:48 PM

I lost my monitor for my PC. Is there a way I can hook up my PC (with XP) to my laptop (with Vista) to use the monitor and keyboard on the laptop with my PC? Or at least use the laptop monitor for my PC? Thankyou

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 E-werd

E-werd

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:50 PM

It not possible unless your laptop happens to have a video-in connection of some type. I have thought about this, and other than what I just said, you could always do a remote desktop or VNC type of thing... but thats just not realistic. If you are an electrical engineer, you may be able to figure it out, with some advanced circuitry and whatnot... wow, I am thinking far too hard.

Simple answer, no.

#3 spincity

spincity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:04 PM

I have an S video jack on the laptop but I would think that is a video out?

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:47 PM

Thats' video out. About the only way I could possibly see is to set up the PC with a borrowed monitor connect it to a broadband connection enable WOL (Wake On Lan) and configure remote desktop. Or order a new monitor from Newegg.com. Also May I ask how you "loose" a monitor? :thumbsup:

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users