Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

clcr.exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fun4a1l

fun4a1l

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:08 PM

Hi,
I downloaded a doggie torrent last night and now my laptop has gone really slow and wont let me run programs or in the case of firefox and IE it will allow me to open my home page (google) and then once I hit return it will close down the program.

I was some how able to run Adaware and it showed up what the malware was clcr.exe but it wasnt able to remove it even after two goes.

So I looked at this following topic posted a while ago:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...291&hl=clcr

But when I am in task manager I am not able to run any programs even when I close down explorer.exe and then try to run a new task like hijackthis. I have also tried going into safe mode but I still cant run any programs and I looked at the processes running in safe mode and clcr.exe is there.

The only thing I can do is open folders.

So I cant even get a log of all the processes even with other software like avg, combofix and vundofix.

Also sometimes I cant even log because it stalls and I have restart the computer by the power button then once it restarts I hit restart button and some how thats seems to work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:14 PM

Moving from HiJack This forum to Am I Infected as there are no logs. ~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users