Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with instructions for Hijack This posting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Silly Billy

Silly Billy

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:25 PM

I am so sorry but I am not sure about the DDS part of the instructions for submitting a log for analysis. If I have already scanned on the Hijack This site, do I still need to do the DDS scan or do you assume that a scan has not yet been done?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:18 PM

Moving from HiJack This forum to Am I Infected as there are no logs and so questions may be addressed. ~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 Silly Billy

Silly Billy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:55 AM

Hello Orange Blossom

I looked for a reply to my post but I don't know what happened as I couldn't find one. I have just found your reply by doing a search which didn't occur to me before. I had already posted my HijackThis log. Is this the ComboFix log that you refer to? I hope not. I was advised by the McAfee forum to do the scan and send the log to you for analysis. Could you let me know if my log is, therefore, one which well be ignored please and I will start again - doing the DDS scan?

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:48 AM

Your log is here
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/198265/hijackthis/
You can go to your profile page and see it there
Do not alter or add anything to your post. The team member who picks up your topic will decide what else they want you to run
Please note that there is a backlog and it will take some time for a response to your log
I am closing this topic
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users