Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Requesting help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bpc

bpc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:38 AM

I have this stupid black screen sitting on my computer over the top of my wall-paper that I can't get rid of. The property code is "file:///C:/WINDOWS/desktop.html". For the life of me I can't get this thing off my computer. I am a beginning computer user and I really just need some help getting this thing off of my desktop. I imagine there is somebody familiar with this problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 26 May 2005 - 03:35 PM

Your desktop has been hijacked. You need to post in the analysis forum.Also, post your computer specs,and what spyware/virus programs you are using.
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:56 PM

The link below will give you complete instructions about posting a HijackThis! log to the forum, where our team of volunteers will work with you to get rid of this and any other malware you might have on your hard drive.

Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How...s_Log-t956.html
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users