Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I store my Cd's in the container I bought them in?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 yellowdog5

yellowdog5

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:28 AM

Can I store my backup CDs in the stack container that blank CDs come in, or is it important to store them in individual boxes or sleeves? Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct forum.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:00 AM

Whichever you prefer. I store mine in a cd case with the plastic sleeves. The case has a permanent home on my computer desk. Easy access if I need them. No searching trying to find what I need.
Tip of the day-make 2 copies of all your program software and important back up disks. If one gets scratched or broken, toss it and use the other one. Then make a copy of the good one.

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:20 AM

Storing discs in the stack container does put you at risk for more damage/wear/tear etc.

I also store all mine in plastic sleeves in a wood box. Have only damaged a couple over many years of use.
(All damage was my fault in mishandling.)
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:24 PM

I prefer the slim jewel cases, the surface of the disk in completely protected. Newegg has the 50 pack for $15.00, and 100 pack for $20.00.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 yellowdog5

yellowdog5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:56 PM

Thanks everyone, I'll store them in cases.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users