Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Price range?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deerslayer

deerslayer

• Members
  • 322 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:45 AM

Ok, so everybody has basically ran this into the ground...lol.
I know i'm going to get different opinions here :thumbsup: but here it goes.
I'm playing with a Sega Genesis! Yes, you heard me!! Something our dad's grew up playing! lol I've been thinking about getting either a ps2 or another newer game system. Keeping in mind that it doesn't have be something to Hi-Tech, What do you guys think would be best for my money?
I don't have to have the "Ultra Thin PS2" or the brand new X-box, I just want something with good graphics, and a decent price.
??? :flowers:

Edited by deerslayer, 26 May 2005 - 09:46 AM.

When I was born, I was so surprised I didn't talk for a year and a half!!!
Posted Image
signature done by EFIZZER!!!
If you're ever in the nut house, look me up.
~Deerslayer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:21 AM

Ok, so everybody has basically ran this into the ground...lol.
I know i'm going to get different opinions here :thumbsup: but here it goes.
I'm playing with a Sega Genesis! Yes, you heard me!! Something our dad's grew up playing! lol I've been thinking about getting either a ps2 or another newer game system. Keeping in mind that it doesn't have be something to Hi-Tech, What do you guys think would be best for my money?
I don't have to have the "Ultra Thin PS2" or the brand new X-box, I just want something with good graphics, and a decent price.
??? :flowers:

Aw man, i remember the sega genesis. That was my second console, and i had a wonderful time with that baby.... Mortal Kombat 3, Sonic, Virtua Fighter 3D, Toy Story, Lion King, Slaughter House, etc. Those were the good old days of simplistic gaming (not that today's games are worse, i just get an awesome nostalgic feeling whenever i start playing my NES now-adays....)

Well, the new Slim PStwo will run you about $149, which isn't that bad. I think you can grab a new PSone for around $59, but there are not games made for that anymore. If you're into handhelds, there's the PSP and DS, but i'm not sure about their prices right now.

I wouldn't even check out the gamecube. If you're playing genesis, they have better games on that than they do on Nintendo's flop.....

X-box is ok, but i prefer the PS2 much more over that, and i think the PStwo is cheaper also.

If you want to go for the big bux, Ps3 and X-box 360 are coming out soon, in the Spring of 2006 and Fall/Winter 2005 (respectively). Those will probably run you $300+ dollars.

#3 deerslayer

deerslayer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 322 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 27 May 2005 - 05:09 PM

Ok thanks HM1 :thumbsup:
I appreciate your feedback.
later :flowers:
When I was born, I was so surprised I didn't talk for a year and a half!!!
Posted Image
signature done by EFIZZER!!!
If you're ever in the nut house, look me up.
~Deerslayer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users