Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

topsearch 10 won't go away

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Artemis

Artemis

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:35 AM

I have a friend who has the topsearch 10 hijacker. I gave him this link:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407 to follow, as it has almost always helped me strip out the evil beasties. He's running XP, and IE6 (I've almost got him converted to firefox, but that's another story). He is telling me he did each step exactly as listed, but the topsearch keeps coming back.

I browsed through your forum related to this, and couldn't find topsearch specifically, so was wondering if anyone else has any suggestions? I'm supporting him remotely (he's in Ohio, I'm in WI), so I can't just go over and go to town...I have to depend on him being able to follow the instructions.

Any help you can give would be very greatly appreciated.

Mod Edit: This will be moved to a more appropriate Forum.

Edited by scarlett, 27 May 2005 - 08:32 AM.

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function.
F. Scott Fitzgerald (1896 - 1940)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 27 May 2005 - 08:42 AM

If he has ran all of the security scans mentioned in the MajorGeeks article, and is still experiencing problems.

Maybe he should consider posting a Highjack This Log. This link will take you to a detailed tutorial on how to post a log.

How to Post a Highjack This Log

Just please keep in mind that all Highjack This Team Members are volunteers. One must practice a little patience, when waiting for help. I promise you though that they will get to you as soon as they are able.

And above all do not attempt to work on your log yourself. And only take the advice from an official HJT Team Member. Which will show under thier name and avatar.

One more thing. Do not reply to your own post. As the Team keeps an eye out for zero replies. If they see a reply they will assume that someone is already helping you out. Then I'm afraid that you may get lost in the shuffle.

Edited by scarlett, 27 May 2005 - 05:52 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users