Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can no longer update.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MArtyocon

MArtyocon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 26 May 2005 - 04:43 AM

Hello, This is the first site I have decided to join. But i am having many a problems with this comp.

I run XP home sp2.
it is a HP.
I mainly use Opera as a browser, sometimes Avant.

I run Spybot, Adaware with the vx2 plugin, spyware guard and spyware blaster,Zone Alarm free, and AVG Free.

But when i go to windows update site it gives me this error
Posted Image

windows updater dose not connect either. Also when i start my HP help center it give me this error
Posted Image

then I have to click it 3 times when I close the Help center.
Also when I load the updater from there it thinks about loading for a sec and the screen where updater should be goes white.

Also. (if this is a problem for a diffrent section i will repost there) YIM will not start it give me an instant error msg and ask me to send a log file. When I go to windows it tells me that it is a known problem but no fix is known. to contact yahoo. Well no luck there either. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple versions and no luck has been had.

Any help is welcome. If you need any more information, as I expect you will, just ask and I will post it.

Mahalo and Aloha,

Marty

Edited by MArtyocon, 26 May 2005 - 04:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:23 AM

Suggestion - update all your anti-virus and anti-spyware and run their scans in safe mode. If you are not sure how to boot in Safe Mode there is a tutorial here:
Safe Mode

Have you been able to connect to Windows update with Opera in the past? I thought it would only talk to IE?

Random thoughts - Firewall?, security setings? Active-X permissions? Pop-up blocking?

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 26 May 2005 - 07:05 AM

You can also look at the Windows Update Troubleshooter.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users