Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system restore problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Randy Poe

Randy Poe

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:50 PM

On XP Pro, I installed an update to a program which did not work, and wanted to back it out (I may not still have the old version of the program around). I went to System Restore, and it shows entries for both the old program removal, and the new program install. I tried restoring to both these points individually, and it refuses, saying, "no changes have been made to your computer." This has happened to me with different restore points in the past. How do you get it to restore to one of these points? I've even had it happen on a different computer under different circumstances. Thanks a bunch!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gerryelmed

Gerryelmed

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:23 PM

Hi Randy,
I have had the same problem as you in the past with windows xp home edition running on a Sony Vaio laptop.
The only way that I could get around it was to do a factory restart using the recovery discs i made when i bought the laptop 3 years ago.
I am also looking for an easier fix, as the problem has reappeared.
I want to keep the laptop as I don't want to dip my toe into the vista pod if I can help it.
If I find anything on the web will gat back in touch.
regards
Gerry.

#3 karbo1

karbo1

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:46 PM

You could try lines 278 (left column) or 289 (right column) from here.
Please post back if we found the solution

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users