Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

was able to remove spyware guard 2008

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brenluv

brenluv

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:29 AM

:thumbsup: I have spyware guard 2008 came with windows security center. this malware is stopping me from running malwarebytes or even going to sites to download help..it closes the page when i try...so how can i get rid of it??? I would really appreciate help. Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:53 PM

Some types of malware will disable MBAM and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it. Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.

If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe and change the .exe as noted above. Then double-click on it to run.

Another work around is by not using the mouse to install it, Just use the arrow keys, tab, and enter keys.

#3 brenluv

brenluv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:12 PM

i will continue to run mbam just to be safe..i have scanned with superantispyware (because it was the first one i was able to run) then did a deep scan with mbam. and used ccleaner to get rid of any temp files. below is how i did it.........i am new to BC so i hope i am posting this correctly...hope this helps someone.......
The good news is after pulling my hair out and going crazy i ended them on task manager then i typed msconfig in run box and went to system utilities start up and unchecked spyware guard 2008 and hit apply and ok then i went into search and deleted winscenter,spyware guard then went into c/windows hit search and searched for reged.exe,spoolsystem.exe,sys.com,syscert.exe,sysexplorer.exe,vmreg.dll and olesys.dll and deleted them..oh and i also went into add/remove and removed spyware guard again so that slowed it up enough for me to run a disc i had burned of superantispyware and am now on my third scan to get rid of it completely. Thank you again Superbird for trying to help:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users