Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

fly on the wall

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 unsubdog

unsubdog

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:28 PM

What is available to me so that i can see what and where my daughter is going and doing on the computer? I also need to make it so she doesn't know I am doing this. We are having some issues and I need a little peace of mind.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:41 AM

Look in the History of the browser.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:20 AM

Right click on th start button and go to explore. Some times you can find all kinds of things in there. Spend a little time looking and you might find some thing. IMHO don't be changing any thing in there. Some times you browser history can be turned off in Firefox. Go to the top of the firefox page and click history. Go to internet options in windows internet explorer and un-check empty temporary internet files folder when browser is closed. This will use some HD space.
P/S X 2. I would grab pen and paper and wright down every thing you change in case you don't like the changes. I would also wait for other replies from B/C for different options.

#4 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:59 PM

Hi unsubdog,

I've no personal experience using this type of software, but a quick Google search returns a lot of available choices. Quite a few will allow you to record computer activities in stealth mode and send the logs via e-mail, which might be what you're looking for.

ICU (Free) seems to be popular along with AllInOne Keylogger (Paid, but has a 7 day trial).

The only advice I can give is to maybe spend a little time researching and see what suit your needs.

:thumbsup:

#5 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:54 PM

How about opening a line of communication with your daughter, unsubdog? Just a thought...

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#6 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:47 PM

I like Pandy's point of view.

#7 Konstantin

Konstantin

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:43 AM

By the way, does anyone know, if such practice is legal or not? Even in case you are spying your children? Just curious.

Edited by Konstantin, 18 February 2009 - 09:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users