Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer is running slower than usual

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AceofSpadesX

AceofSpadesX

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:07 PM

Hi,

I am currently using a 32-bit Windows Vista Enterprise with a Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 @ 2.2GHz and a 3GB ram. My computer has recently been showing that I am using more RAM than usual. For the past 1 year that I've been using this laptop, my system monitor has never shown my RAM usuage anything above 40% at constant. Is there anyway that I can use less RAM? Also could you help me identify which services or applications that I am running that is useless or can be removed? Any tips on how to make my system run faster is also welcome. Thanks in advance!!

Best Regards,
Adriel
Bill Gates is a very rich man today... and do you want to know why? The answer is one word : versions. - Dave Barry

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:41 PM

Hi Adriel,

This may be worth a read. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/44694/slow-computer/ :huh:

#3 AceofSpadesX

AceofSpadesX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:32 PM

Hi,

Well apparently, my system shows no signs of being infected by malware or anything of such. This was verified by farbar in another forum. Do you think it could be some hardward or software issue?

Thanks,
Adriel
Bill Gates is a very rich man today... and do you want to know why? The answer is one word : versions. - Dave Barry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users