Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Icons & task bar not appearing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 felony15

felony15

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 26 May 2005 - 01:09 AM

Hello,
I had a friend at work ask me if I had ever had a problem of all my desk top icons and task bar not appearing on the screen after startup. He said his wallpaper was there but nothing else.

He received some advise from another person who said he needed to delete his user account in safe mode and that would fix the problem. He did as he was instructed but ofcourse he lost all his personal settings.

Has anyone heard of this problem and know of a fix other than the deletion of user accounts.

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 St_Anger

St_Anger

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 26 May 2005 - 03:47 AM

I have recently started to experience this problem. If i minimize something, the desktop icons all have to load up, and they just disappear aswell as my start bar. It either doesn't come back, or takes a while. Sorry to butt in, but as this is a similar problem to mine i felt that a new topic would not of been necessary. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users