Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Creatice EAX Console not working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tarzan

Tarzan

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:28 AM

Hello,

I have a Creative Audigy 2 ZS Sound card.
The Card is functioning well except for some of the programmes that come with it.

The Application EAX Console will not start.
It gives me the standard Windows error message "EAX Console application has encountered aproblem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

This comes up as soon as I try to start it.

I get the following error log in system information.

24/01/2009 13:11 Application Error Faulting application eax.exe, version 2.1.8.0, faulting module eaxcon.dll, version 2.2.3.0, fault address 0x00001dfe.

Any chance somebody can help?

Thanks
Tarzan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:33 AM

Removing it and re-installing it would be the firstthing to try
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Tarzan

Tarzan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:48 AM

Dear garmanma

If youíre mean to remove the card itself, then I have just recently done that (again) and still nothing.
I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling all the applications and drivers that came with it, but still nothing.
Also I have tried installing the latest driver updates, but again itís not working.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:01 PM

Not necessarily the drivers but it looks like eaxcon.dll, is corrupt or damaged
You could remove that application and re-install it from your CD
I looked all over their site and they do not have a download for the EAX Console
I found this tidbit:

Creative seem to make upgrades available on their site but often not the full release, they presume you have the CD. If you email them they will eventually send you it (after serial number requests etc) but it can be a bit long winded.

computing.net

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users