Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

fax/voice modem in pulse dial mode

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Asharpjr

Asharpjr

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:18 AM

I have just reformatted my HD, and have the most up to date drivers installed. For some reason, when I try to send a fax throught my computern it works, however, it uses pulse instead of touch-tone. I can't find it anywhere to change it. For those of you who don't know what pulse is, think of your grandparents phones-the ones with the dial on it. Lol

Any help or ideas would be appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:21 AM

What is the make and model of the modem?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Asharpjr

Asharpjr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:31 AM

I'll have to check when I get home later. Right now I'm in GCT in NYC working. But I have a dell 8400 and the modem is something like a conext or smething like that.

#4 Asharpjr

Asharpjr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:57 PM

My modem is:conexant D850 v.9x DFVc modem.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:49 PM

This is weird, the only reference I can find for changing from pulse to tone is for Windows 98 where you can change it under Modem in the control panel, Windows XP doesn't offer this option.

What is the make and model of this computer?

I'm guessing that since this is posted in the XP forum that you are using that operating system?

Edited by dc3, 24 January 2009 - 01:49 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 rosiesdad

rosiesdad

• Members
  • 220 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:52 PM

Start here
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/s...2october21.mspx
I think the modem in the Fax console is configured at this point.

also check this link
http://www.teleadapt.com/images_special/xp...aling_guide.pdf

Edited by rosiesdad, 24 January 2009 - 02:06 PM.

#7 Asharpjr

Asharpjr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:57 PM

I have a Dell Dimension 8400 using Windows XP Pro w/sp3 installed...

By The Way, Rosiesdad, Thanks!, but I've already ben down that road....I'm wondering if my modem is shot now...???? I did the full set up, uninstall and reinstall and update of drivers....so now Im lost.....lol

Edited by Asharpjr, 24 January 2009 - 02:00 PM.

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,537 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:08 PM

Go to Control Panel>Phone/Modem>Double click the icon> Location Information Tab will pop up.
At the bottom: It says the phone system at this location uses: Tone dialing or Pulse dialing. This is where you can select. HTH

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#9 Asharpjr

Asharpjr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:23 PM

Animal, you're the best!!! That's exactly where it was, only I had to switch my views in Control Panel to classic view....I'm all set now....Thanks!!!!

#10 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,537 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:34 PM

Glad I was able to help. And thanks for letting us know it worked. :thumbsup:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

Animal, I'm wondering if the is a difference between the Home edition and the Pro. When I follow your directions there isn't a Location Information Tab, what opens for me is Phone and Modem Options with tabs for Dialing Rules, Modem, and Advanced . Under Dialing Rules there is the option for Edit and the options for pulse or tone are found there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users