Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

User Account Problem in Win. XP

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 johnnycoolwhip

johnnycoolwhip

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:33 PM

Hello, I just got done removing tons of spyware with OldTimer. I have a problem with my User Account in the control panel section.
When I click on "User Accounts" it goes to a blank screen with a warning prompt that says: Automation server can't create object. Next I click OK, the User Account Page is blank. Thier are forward and backward arrows on top along with the "home Page Button" next to the arrows, but everything below is blank.
OK when I click on any arrow buttons I get anouther warning prompt that says:

'g_Navigator' is null or not an object --It says everything I have typed thier. I click ok and still the page below the "forward & backward arrows" and "homepage button" is blank. This has been going on for awhile now. I have to add someone to the "Users Account" but I can't.

Also when I go to "MSCONFIG" thier isn't a "BOOT.INI" section thier. I like using that "boot.ini" section to boot in safe mode, it is alot easier. My "boot.ini" file is in
C:/windows/pss/boot.ini.backup. Instead of saying boot.ini it says boot.ini.backup. I fixed this problem before but I forget how to do it now.

Thank Alot for your time,
johnnycoolwhip

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:47 PM

when you get alot of spyware, and then remove it....alot of your xp system files will be corrupt.......alot of incompatibilities, lost files, errors.

I reccomend just a clean reformat if you want to fix it all.

do a search for boot.ini and download the original file and place it there.

Edited by Techsomething, 25 May 2005 - 11:48 PM.

#3 johnnycoolwhip

johnnycoolwhip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2005 - 03:42 PM

Thanks "Techsomething" for the reply, but I really want to avoid totally reformatting my drive. I have alot of inportant things that I dont want erased. Also I dont have the time to save everything on disks. Is thier anything I can do other than reformating. I have to erase an account in the "User Accounts" section. But as I said in my first post "I'm not able to do that. The screen is blank aspect for the forward & backward arrows and the home button. When I press eaither of them a warning prompt comes up. Thanks for the help so far, if you or anyone else thinks of something, reply.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 27 May 2005 - 06:17 PM

Can you get to your user accounts in Safe Mode?
How to start Windows in Safe Mode
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 johnnycoolwhip

johnnycoolwhip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:36 PM

No I can't get into my user account in safe mode. Any ideals besides reformatting. Thanks

#6 johnnycoolwhip

johnnycoolwhip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:17 AM

no I can't get to my "user account" in safe mode. Any suggestions besides reformatting?

#7 PapaSmurf88

PapaSmurf88

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:24 PM

Insert your Win Xp Disk
Reboot Computer
Enter Recovery Console
Type Fix Boot and press enter
Type Fixmbr and press enter
then reboot

That should fix your boot.ini problem

As for your other problems I'm not sure how to fix thoughs my only guess would again be the recovery concole and do a recovery installation. This will reinstall XP over your current filesystem saving your data
My Specs:

Albatron PX915P4C Pro
Intel P4 3.0 Ghz Processor w/ HT technology
2x 512MB PC3200 Memory
120 GB Western Digital IDE HD
SAPPHIRE X550 256Mb Video Card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users